Many thanks to Ms. Pamela over at Crochet With Passion for sending the Liebster Award my way. It pretty much made my day with her comments about my blog. I honestly find it hard to believe sometimes that people actually read what I post on it. It’s delightful and sometimes nerve wracking, but I am so grateful for everyone’s continued support. Please know that I cherish every single like, comment, view, and visit. It makes me feel connected to a community that I otherwise would never be a part of. You make it all worthwhile. Now, onto the Liebster stuff.
- Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 random questions
- Create 11 random questions for your nominees
- Present/nominate a Liebster Blog Award to more newbie bloggers! (no tag backs)
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- After almost three years of having an insanely scattered yarn stash, I managed to organize everything and get it all posted into my Ravelry notebook.
- I am a published editor and writing assistant.
- I am currently training for a half marathon in May.
- I am a perfectionist and have frogged more than 5 miles of yarn since 2009.
- I wear a sterling silver bat charm around my neck every day.
- I would die without my Google calendar.
- I hate having raggidy nails and splurge on weekly manicures.
- My favorite color is bright green.
- I still live at home while I’m in school.
- My car’s name is Myrtle and has a ‘Crochet Geek’ decal on it.
- I hate shopping and kept the same pair of jeans for almost seven years until they ripped.
ANSWER 11 RANDOM QUESTIONS
- Gold or Silver, which do your prefer?
I prefer silver, by far. All of my everyday jewelry (two rings and a necklace) is silver. It’s cheaper than gold, too.
- What is your favorite candy?
I recently just found out I was gluten intolerant and haven’t really eaten any candy since then, so I don’t rally have one any more, but I do like pecan shortbread cookies.
- Best book you have ever read?
It took me just over a year and three restarts to get through it, but The Stand by Stephen King was one of the best stories that I’ve read in many years. I would like to revisit it in the next few years, but I’m trying to get through the rest of his work before I revisit this one.
- Three favorite online web sights you like to buy from?
Amazon, Etsy, and eBay are pretty much the only online retailers that I buy from anymore.
- Something you have recently learned?
I recently learned how to make an loan amortization table in Excel which was kind of neat. I never want to do it again.
- A pet peeve.
Oh, I have many of these. I hate when people’s teeth click if they’re chewing and I hate when people are idiots. Those are probably my biggest two.
- What is your favorite season of the year?
I really like the cusp between winter and spring. It’s not too cold and I don’t have hay fever yet. It’s a good combination.
- Number of hours that your slept last night?
Last night? Hmm… 7 hours?
- Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog to try and connect with the online crochet community. Not many people I know are yarnies and I like to interact with others and give/get feedback on current projects.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
The Galapagos. They have blue footed boobies there.
- What is your favorite hobby?
Why, crocheting of course.
MY 11 RANDOM QUESTIONS
- What has been your most remarkable achievement in the last 6 months?
- What is your least favorite household chore?
- When do you have your alarm set for tomorrow?
- Do you keep a calendar or diary? If so, what format is it?
- What is your favorite animal and one weird fact about it?
- How big is your yarn stash and how is it organized?
- In your free time, what other hobbies do you pursue besides crochet?
- How often do you crochet for others–are you possessive about where your finished objects go once you finish them?
- My name isn’t really Bob. Does your online persona reflect your offline self or are you incognito?
- What is your favorite pattern and/or project type to work?
- How many projects have you finished in the last year?
Now, who to send this to in response? I’ll have to peruse my fellow bloggers’ pages to make sure that they haven’t been nominated before. This was fun. Thank you again, Pamela!